SIMPLE TRUTHS ABOUT PSYCHIATRY
A video series by Peter R. Breggin, MD
In July 2012, Dr. Breggin began releasing a video series dealing with important aspects of psychiatry, psychology and mental health. The series titled Simple Truths about Psychiatry began with these five topics:
1. Do You Have a Biochemical Imbalance?
2. How Do Psychiatric Drugs Really Work?
3. What is Medication Spellbinding?
4. How to Help Deeply Disturbed Persons
5. How to Help Suicidal Depressed Persons
The presentations are lively and to the point, and have been very popular. Further information on all the topics can be found in Dr. Breggin’s many books and articles including Psychiatric Drug Withdrawal: A Guide for Prescribers, Therapists, Patients and their Families, which describes the hazards of psychiatric drugs as well as how to withdraw from them.
In November 2014, Dr. Breggin resumed periodically releasing Simple Truths about Psychiatry videos: